• 8+ years of hands on experience in Software Development/ Application Integration Engineering
• Background in Computer Science equivalent to a B.Sc. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
• Practical experience/exposure to designing large scale distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithm complexities and Distributed Software Design Patterns
• Good understanding of Unix and Linux operating system level concepts
• Hands on development in Python (Intermediate+), scripting in Bash
• Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
• Any experience on automation/configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, Ansible is an advantage.
• Experience of automation-related experience valued.
• Experience with source code repositories, build tools, and CI/CD (Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker) etc. and data streaming technologies like Spark, Kafka etc.
• Experience with Cloud tools such as HashiCorp’s Terraform, Consul, Vagrant and monitoring using ELK, Prometheus + Grafana.
• Awareness of, and ability to reason about modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems, micro services, and so on.
• Operating system level concepts awareness such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack